Thursday, February 21, 2013

Happy Hour


 Yesterday I went to my first Apertivo. Its equivalent-like event is happy hour in the States. But here one pays around 10-20€ for a small buffet of italian food and any drink on the restaurant's menu. Great deal since a cost for a drink is around 7-9 Euros and they make the drinks strong unlike the water-downed drinks for happy hour Americans are use to. I ordered an Italian Long Island Ice Tea. I know what you're thinking LIIT, yuck I drank those at 18, but it was delicious! Would I have more than 1 maybe 2 holy hangover no!   Most Italians use Apertivo as a social hour for some bites then have dinner later but the food is enough to fill ones even big belly.  Typical food found are pizzas, eggplant with a sort of topping, meatballs, spinach balls, pasta of course, baked zucchini, cheese potatoes and all sorts of "get in my belly" goodies.  To find an apertivo near you, just walk the streets of Roma and look for apertivo signs or just google it!

NOM NOM NOM

No comments:

Post a Comment