Thursday, March 7, 2013

From the Darkness Comes the Light

As I am sitting in class currently thinking about my troubles God slaps me in my face as a gentleman walks in my classroom, the same student that I saw yesterday in my class whom I thought was being rude sleeping in class in the front row, walks in with a blind cane.

All my worries washed away as I thought of this man's daily struggle and I am inspired by his strength to attend school. He sat in the front and struggled to enter his password for his computer. He struggled for 10 minutes, 5 minutes longer than I would take throwing my computer across the room. He records the lesson and navigates on the Internet. I could only imagine his patience, his long dark walks in the city and his morning and nights are no different. He can never drive, his relationships are limited to people who are truly accepting. There are no sunrises and sunsets, but HE IS the sunshine in the many lives he doesn't even know he touches as he is to me.

Sometimes you think that life is too difficult, your problems you think you can't handle. Your mind and heart is full of worries then God slaps you across the face and says appreciate each day, the friends and family you have, even if the numbers are small. Appreciate your eyes and the legs you have that you have an EASY life. And if life seems difficult close you eyes and lay down for 15 minutes and think how much life could be worse. Now get up take the breath you are given and keep it movin' because life is to beautiful too keep worrying.

I look forward to seeing the sunshine in my class, especially on these dark rainy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment